When we were looking for help for our Mike we found that there were a lot of great organisations doing great things but it was hard to figure out which organisation we should go to. As end users of Mental Health Services here’s what we found:
|1||Circular References||Lots of great websites and they’re all linked and reference one another. Organisations are clearly collaborating.||However as an end user we were clicking from one to the next and seemed to just be going in circles.|
|2||Awareness||Fantastic organisations exist in the UK to create awareness and reducing the stigma.||However, when you need hands-on help such as therapy or rehab, this can be very hard to find.|
|3||Tools||Helpful tools are out there such as assessment tools, look-ups for therapy / support based on locations, A-Zs on mental health.||However, these are spread through numerous organisations / websites and were relatively hard to locate.|
|4||Target Audience||There is a lot of help out there targeted at those down on their luck and branding seemed to focus on populations such as the homeless.||However, many of these organisations are there to help all individuals.|
|5||Navigating tothe Right Solution||Good solutions are out there – on just about everything! Therapists, Rehabs, Drugs & Alcohol, Legal Services, Helplines, Live Chat, Meet ups…etc.||However, it is hard to know where to start and how it works (contact points,pricing, timetables, format of support, niche services, availability)|
- We’ve created a information hub to help people get the help they need faster. Whether it’s for them as an individual, as a friend / family member or as an organisation.
- The road to Mental Health is usually best achieved through utilising a smart combination of support services.
- Therefore, the purpose of the website is to:
- Help people explore their options,
- Deep dive into the next layer of information on an option quickly without having to comb through multiple sites,
- Enable people to design a roadmap to health,
- Help people understand what to expect and,
- Gather information on specific topics or get questions answered.
- Our goal is to direct people to organisations that can help. We facilitate access to information. We do not write content and we do not provide advice.